[Anijin] 1st episodes night fall this wednesday

Marco van Loon sdmarukokun at anime-nl.net
Mon Oct 14 17:31:21 CEST 2019

Ugh, super late [1], but the fall season first episodes webpage is
finally up at https://anime-nl.net/anijin-1st.html .

The usual rules/hints for the evening:

  - After an anime ends, just call out which other anime you want to see.

  - If you want to see a description text of an anime, I can show it by
mouse-over of the image.

  - For shorts of 10 minutes or less, episodes 1 and 2 will be queued up
(if available).

  - Ragequit rule applies: if more than half of the viewers vote for it,
an episode is stopped in the middle.

  - I'll try to get the japanese trailer reel running around 18:30h-ish
and around 19:00h we'll actually start watching episodes.

  - To make sure I can still get home, latest end time for the night is
23:15h.

  - I'll bring some snacks.  Drinks and/or anime tropes bingo I'll leave
to others.

Stats:
52 series starting this quarter in Japan, 5 of them (all sequels) after
the first episodes night.   Cutting out the sequels, that leaves us with
30 titles, minus the quarterly unsuitable title, leaves us 28 or 29
titles to pick from on the evening.

It's attack of the long titles again!   No way to fit both Japanese and
English names for some of those, heck some barely fit 1 language on the
card...   (on the bright side, no non-ascii characters this time...)
(I tried to put the other language title in the mouse-over text in those
cases.)
Phone games seem to be the new "hip" things to turn into anime...
Having a few isekai series each season still continues.
Hardly any shorts this quarter and no half-length episodes at all.

[1] getting woken up early each weekday by the sound of diesel
generators, drills etc. isn't very conductive to executing big projects;
stupid construction workers... :(    /tired

Marco van Loon
SD Maruko-kun