[Anijin] this schoolyear, spring anime

Marco van Loon sdmarukokun at anime-nl.net
Wed Apr 1 19:02:24 CEST 2020

Well, I guess Corona virus changed Anijin's question from "which voted
for series do we still watch this schoolyear, and which ones will end up
as seeding for next schoolyear's vote list?" to "will lockdowns be
lifted in time to watch _any_ of those series at Anijin this schoolyear
or will they all be seeding for next schoolyear's vote list?"... :(

Spring first episodes night is of course also canceled.
Though I still rushed together a spring anime webpage at
https://anime-nl.net/anijin-1st.html . Hopefully not too many typos in
texts and links; didn't want to invest the extra time double/tripple
checking...
(I kind of doubt trying to setup an alternative such as streamed 1st eps
night would be possible/viable on my laptop...)

Stats:
65 series (though some of that amount seems to be due to the fact that
more kids anime are listed at the charts/AniDB/ANN this season...)

Yet more reboots/spinoffs of 10+ year old anime series  Those seem to
happen about 1 every season, though there seem to be 5 this time?!?
(one of which actually ran long ago on the channel that now is Disney XD
as "Bob in a Bottle")
Two "hey, our romaji title is 75+ characters long!" animes.
Again special characters in titles, causing havoc for filesystems or
tools that only handle ascii...
Descriptions and tags are a bit vague, but looks like multiple of the
"fantasy" are "isekai" ones again.
Plenty "based on a [digital] card game" anime.
The quarterly censored H short is also still here. -_-
First time I've seen a "broadcast restart" of an anime from previous
season.   (A3! : Apparently the production was already a mess and with
COVID-19 on top of that they raised the white flag last season on that
anime's run...)
Not too many flagged as shorts, but that could just be that it hasn't
trickled down to the charts/sites which animes aren't full length
episodes...

:sadface: I was so happy to still be in time to get a ticket reservation
for "Weathering With You", but now it's canceled :(    Anyone know if it
will be rescheduled to a later date?

For anything anijin-related, feel free to contact me at:
anijin at my domain name

And feel free to forward this to the Kinjin whatsapp/discord.